Kuwait Airways ("KAC") is pleased to offer the following services complimentary to our passengers:
- Kuwait Airways offers Limousine Services to first class passengers at London Airport. This offer may exclude the promotional fares. Customers has to book this service by calling 171.
- Meals and beverages in Aircraft Cabin (only non-alcoholic beverages)
- Blankets, headsets for viewing movies, sleeping blinds, etc.
- Different types of music and movies.
- Reading materials including newspapers and magazines.
- Advance seat selection through internet.
- Providing seats with more leg room subject to availability.
- Carry cot for infants less than two years old.
- Toys and complimentary items for children and F/J passengers, etc.
Special bed for Patients/Incubators
Special beds/incubators may be available to accommodate special needs arising from illness or health related problems.
To take advantage of this service, we encourage passengers to contact any of KAC's worldwide sales offices who in turn will coordinate with the airline’s medical center & engineering department. A full normal one-way fare is charged for a stretcher patient & attendant. Additionally, a surcharge of 700% is charged for the stretcher in economy class.
Incubators are charged 300% of the normal one-way fare during peak seasons and 200% during off peak seasons. Incubator patients & attendants will be charged 100% of the normal one-way fares. Oxygen will be charged at 200% of the normal one-way fare.
Generally, passengers with disabilities do not need to give any advance notice to KAC. However, in certain instances in order to offer the passenger the proper care and assistance, KAC may require advance notice as follows:
- 72 hours advance notice for use of medical oxygen supplied by KAC for international flights.
- 48 hours advanced notice for use of a respirator, ventilator, POC or CPAP.
- 48 hours advance notice for carriage of an incubator.
- 48 hours advance notice for passengers travelling on a stretcher.
For flights to and from the U.S., a safety assistant must accompany passengers traveling in a stretcher or incubator. The safety assistant must be at least 16 years old, must not have reduced mobility, and must not accompany any other passengers requiring assistance.
Our special services will ensure:
- On board availability of all medical equipment.
Direct transportation of passenger to and from arrival/departure gates.
KAC has 3 types of wheelchairs available:
- WCHC - Up to the seat of aircraft.
- WCHS - For steps.
- WCHR - For ramp.
KAC does not charge passengers for wheelchairs and advance notice is not required for flights to or from the U.S. If it is possible, please contact us prior to your flight's departure so that we can better serve your specific needs.
Specially Disabled Passengers (deaf/mute/blind/other)
Our Staff from Special Service Unit will receive and assist those passengers (departing/arriving) in passport control procedures and check in.
Our special services unit will:
- Receive unaccompanied travelling minors from adult relatives.
- Perform necessary departure procedures for our young passengers.
- Ensure luggage is checked through and arrives without delay at destination.
- Accompany minors through immigration to departure gates.
- Send cable to destination alerting staff to take necessary measure to receive young passengers.
- Ensure minor is received by cabin chief, who is responsible for their care during flight.
- Said personnel will perform same procedures upon arrival of young passengers travelling alone.
- Said personnel will ensure safe delivery of unaccompanied minors to parents or authorized adult relatives.
Unaccompanied minors between the ages of 6-12 and young flyers between the ages 12-16 are not charged for the service. However, children between the ages of 4-5 and travelling alone have to be escorted by cabin attendants. Charges for the escorts are 50% of the normal adult one way fare.
First Time Travelers (arrival/departure)
Our special service unit will be happy to assist any first time traveler needing assistance with arrival/departure procedures.
First Class and Business Class Lounges
The special services unit is responsible for all services in the Dasman and Oasis lounges. The unit also consider suggestions of passenger, thus ensuring a comfortable journey.
VIP and CIP Travelers
Special service unit staff will receive and assist those passengers (departing/arriving) in passport control procedures, check in, and send faxes or cables upon request.
Passengers can request an extra seat which may be used for the carriage of diplomatic mail, precious metals, musical instruments, currency, courier baggage etc. The weight of any such materials should not exceed 75kg and the passenger's free baggage allowance will not be increased. An extra seat fare will be charged.
Tour Group and Official Delegations:-
Our special services unit will
Receive delegation heads, or tour representatives upon arrival/departure.
Coordinate group check in at special counters.
Affix special labels on group luggage.
Ensure on board luggage is stowed together.
Receive and escort group to and from arrival/departure gates.
Additional Information for Passengers Travelling to/from the U.S.
If you would like to have access to a copy of U.S. DOT 14 C.F.R. Part 382, you can obtain it by any of the following methods:
Available for review upon request at any U.S. airport and at Kuwait International Airport; Through calls made from the United States, by telephone via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travellers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838